Thursday, July 19, 2007

Romantic moments to remember

As a single mom, I bought my first home on my own in the historic district of my home town. This was a big accomplishment for me and there was little to no traffic through this area after midnight. No need for anyone to be cruising through unless going to their home.

One of the most romantic moments when my husband and I were first dating was arrivng at my home around 2 am after attending a party. It was late April and the night was soft with a gentle breeze - very springlike.

Dressed in my evening dress and my husband in his black suit, I started for the door when he spun me around and into his arms. Before I knew what was happening, he began to waltz me down the middle of street all the way to the corner, all the while, humming softly in my ear.

This was the most romantic moment I think I've ever had.

What was yours?

Sally:)

6 comments:

Julianne said...

Mine was when my husband came home from work on a Friday and just walked upstairs and picked out a dress for me to wear. I asked him where are we going? He said just change and I'm not telling you anything. He took his shower and I changed into the dress. Then I followed him to the car and we drove to Columbus and stopped at this theater and CATS was playing. After that he took me to a nice dinner, and when we got back to the car I was kissed like I had never been kissed before. I was a the best kiss. Once we got back home, more kissing and then he pulled a little box out of his pants pocket and his was this beautiful pair of ruby and diamond earrings. *sigh* That was a longggggggggg time ago.

Sandra said...

That sounds so sweet for both of you.

I'm sad to say that I can't for the life of me remember a romantic moment with the hubby. lol. My brain just doesn't want to work. It's stuck on the good book I'm currently reading. Maybe when the hubby gets home, he can rectify that.

Denise Rossetti said...

Aw. Sally, that was beautiful! And Jules too!

I think mine was years and years ago when DH and I were traveling in Europe. We sat on the city wall of the medieval town of Rothenberg, watching the sun go down over the valley and the river. No talking, I just leaned back into his arms. We spent a couple of hours there.

Nothing glamorous or exciting, but we both still remember it as one of the most beautiful moments in our lives. *sigh*

Sally Painter said...

Jules!

That is just so sexy and sweet! Especially the picking out your dress and the gift was just really classy!

Sally Painter said...

Sandra,

I bet if you had some down time without toddlers clinging to you and wanting something you would recall them.

Here's to future ones when you hubby gets home.

Sally Painter said...

Denise! That is just too wonderful. I love that kind of moment. My hubby and I have had those along riverbanks, oceanfronts, etc.

No words ever needed - true romantic communion. Sigh!