Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gettin' Naughty - Summertime


Since we've covered the topic of erotic romance and I've already stated my opnion, I'm going to switch subjects. Sorry but I'm suffering with headaches this week due to the fires in Florida so if you could possibly see this cross-posted elsewhere.

The temperatures are rising and soon it will be summertime, when the livin’ is easy. Makes me want to kick back in a hammock with a good book and a cold drink. Have you made your plans? What are you doing this summer? Taking a family vacation or maybe going somewhere with a group of friends? Perhaps thinking of something a bit more…exciting?

I love traveling and have been planning my summer vacation since October. I wanted to get everyone together—family and friends—for a fun, relaxed vacation. My closest friends and I began looking for a really big rental house. We may have gone a little overboard, but we found an 11 bedroom, 2 million dollar lodge/house in the Smoky Mountains that we couldn’t resist.



I can picture myself sitting on that swing with a cup of coffee or a margarita. Oh yeah! (deep sigh)

For the Fourth of July holiday week the whole motley crew (15 adults—couples and singles—and 13 kids) will invade Gatlinburg Tennessee. The town will never be the same again. Only a few of us have met in person but we have all become good friends online. It’s a pretty diverse group. Let’s see, three of us are authors, one financial wiz, a stay at home mom, a Marine, a computer guru/super mom, a prison guard, a police dispatcher, a zoo administrator, a retiree, one set of newlyweds, a parts distributor for Boeing, and kids ranging in age from 4 to 17.

With such a large group coordinating meals and outings will be interesting. We still want to keep things relaxed so are not planning out every day. Instead we have a list of places we’d like to see and will play it day by day with the exception of going rafting. For that activity we’ll be making reservations in advance to make sure we all get to go. There’s something for everyone to do so it should be a very memorable trip. Theme parks, water parks, Knoxville zoo, Ober Gatlinburg, Ripley’s aquarium, horseback riding, rafting, hiking...I can’t wait! I do want my next trip to be an all adults one though. Or maybe just me and the girls. Now that has some potential.

Hmm…maybe if I write a story based on our vacation escapades I could write the trip off on my taxes. Oh, I’m getting some very interesting ideas.

If you’re single, you may be considering something a bit hotter, like indulging a summer fling. Oh, come on. It’s okay to admit it. The right person, the right set of circumstances… Yeah, baby! Perhaps two strangers sharing one amazing night. Or you’re on an extended trip by yourself and meet someone who is fun to be around and share in a bit of summer loving. Would you be able to keep it relaxed and easy going if there was an expiration date, like the end of vacation? I’m not sure if I could. Might be fun to try. Research, you know. All in the name of research. LOL!

What are your plans for the summer? Something naughty? Dish some details!

Nic
So naughty it's scandalous!

4 comments:

Humans. Cats. Boat. said...

Man, what a gorgeous house! And yes, that verandah looks very inviting. *sigh*

Me, this summer, I'm getting myself a pair of Vikings. Nahh, a trio of them! All tall, muscled and cranky. :P

Seriously, the menfolk and I are going on a two-week trip across Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark, Sweden , Finland and ending in Russia). We'll be broke when we come back, but so happy! :)

What's everyone else doing? Anyone going to the beach? What about the mountain? Staying quiet a home and enjoying some good books?

Nicole Austin said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing vacation, Nat! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Ciana / Syneca said...

WOW! That's an incredible house, Nic! I love the Smokies - my home stomping ground :) You'll love it there!

I'm planning a very low-key summer. A couple of trips to the coasts (Atlantic and Gulf) some photo shoots with my new Precious and maybe a trip to the Keys to do some snorkling. Nothing near so grand as what you and Nat have planned :)

Maybe you can bring me back a mountain man and Nat could ship me a Viking????

Anonymous said...

You just had to rub it in. I swear I just stopped pouting after the first read. Good thing not much can keep me down this week.
Have a great time and we expect lots of pix!
Rhian/Rachel