Monday, March 31, 2008

Who doth occupy that lofty seat?

Yes, it's Monday and of course I'm running late today. Oh I was up early, swigging my drug of choice (vanilla coffee) and realizing I needed laundry in a HURRY! Hence the delay in my blog. I think better in clean underwear!!

So...who's on top, you ask? For me, that's an easy one. I'll take a lusty Lord, thank you. A Knight of the Realm. Whether jousting or soliciting my hand for a waltz, he's unquestionably in control, not about to be refused and staring at me with a great deal of heat in his gaze. (Hey. It's my fantasy! Let me enjoy it, okay?)

He is a man for the ages, a man of many faces - all of them rugged, desirable and guaranteed to put a flutter into a maiden's heart. (All right, let's not quibble about the "maiden" bit. Like I said, it's MY fantasy!!) And he dresses flamboyantly, secure enough in his masculinity to be able to deal with codpieces, ruffles, cloaks and hats. Isn't it a shame that part of history has vanished into denim and baseball caps? Sigh.

In case you're in doubt, you'll see below EXACTLY who I'm talkin' about. There isn't a dude out there who better represents my choice for WHO'S ON TOP!!! For anyone who persists in believing that the Historical romance novel is dead, I say "POO"!!! Just take a look at the inestimably perfect Mr. Darcy (aka Mr. Yummy Colin Firth). If this is "dead", move over in the casket because I want in!!! What do you think?

5 comments:

Ciana / Syneca said...

A Knight of the Realm!! (sigh) And MOST excellent choice for an on top candidate :) Of course, I do have to say that ruffles on a man give me the creeping willies - yeah shoot me, I'm strange. But hey, the ruffles do come off :)

Unknown said...

It's your fantasy. Have it any way you want.

Nicole Austin said...

Knights with long...swords! Or better yet, in kilts with swords. Yeah baby!

Humans. Cats. Boat. said...

Oh, Mr. Darcy...he breaks my heart.

What a great montage and timing, too. "I'm too sexy for my hat" played just as Darcy strides over in his mile-high toptap.

*happy sigh* Thank you for that Sahara!

N.J.Walters said...

I'm all for knights...and rugged Scotsmen, and Regency lords. *g*