Friday, January 04, 2008

Are you psychic? Some tests to see...



I thought it might be fun to share some online psychic ability tests. I always perform lousy with these and it wasn't until I was talking to a friend that I realized I was leaping ahead of the tests and therefore receiving the wrong answers.

She suggested I write down the answers and see if a pattern began to emerge. When I did, I discovered she was right and I was two-three selections ahead of the present one, so I take the tests and note how many I get correct after the first 2-3. It never gives good results test wise, but by keeping the score, I can see where I am.

Then there are ones that I just never do well with no matter how I keep tabs. I connect better with people than machines, so if you're like me, you may want to try working with a partner using a deck of playing cards.

I learned this from my mom. She started teaching me how to do this before I ever started school. As a kid, I thought it was a cool game and still do. (g)

So, rope in a willing friend to act as your transmitter. It's like the other person puts on a mask, only what you will see is the card she is holding up in front of her.



Each time, have her concentrate on the card and visualize it in her mind and imagine placing it on her forehead facing out (although she will hold in front of her with it facing her).

Next, you will focus on seeing the card appear in the center of her forehead.

In the beginning, you may want to try just for the suit. Have her concentrate on heart, diamond, spade, or club, depending on the suit of the card selected. Or, you can focus only the number or if it's an ace, king, queen or jack.

My mom started me out by focusing on the number and whenever I got that correct, she'd ask me what suit it was. Eventually, I was able to see the entire card.

It may take some practice, but you should be able to see the entire card.

Let's say your partner draws a two of diamonds. Just look for the card to appear on her forehead. Don't force it, let it happen naturally. It's in the letting go and just opening your mind that your ability will emerge.

This won't teach you to be psychic, but will teach you a technique to assist in opening your mind and allowing yourself a comfort zone to experiment with your ablities. After all it is just a game. (g) You will be surprised how much this techinque can help you uncover your abilities.

Now, I don't know the science behind what is happening in the course of doing this, whether it is a form of mind reading, visualization, telepathy, or simply a psychic ability. I just know it works. And, it's a lot of fun!

Also, you may want to check out some of the links below that have free online psychic ability tests. Be warned, you don't want to just guess at them, but really get into a meditative state before doing them. Out of the ones in the first link, I tend to excel with the faces and the food. LOL.

I did find I had much better results with the last one - remote viewing.

This link has several tests, including Zener Cards, which J B RHINE, a parapsychologist, who studied ESP abilities developed. These are the cards and methods he used to test his subjects. These quickly became the standard for conducting ESP ability testing.

Enjoy and oh, be sure and post a comment about your results and whether you found them to accurately gauge your abilities or if you do better with a real person.

8 comments:

Susan said...

I had better connections with the remote viewing (colors,feelings) I've never tried anything like this. It's hard for me to clear my mind and focus right now. My mind seems to be running full steam with my daily agenda. Definitely will take practice for me to meditate and relax.

Sally Painter said...

Hey Susan. I'm so glad you tried it. I'm a firm believer that everyone has psychic ability that it is a forgotten sixth sense. Some are more open to it than others. Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

This was FUN, although i was terrible at it! I got 0 or 2 on all of them except the letters one. I like letters. LOL

The remote viewing one was freaky the first time. I wrote down a description and when the image came up I got chills. The next two I tried weren't even close, but I admit I didn't put much time into it.

Cool tests Sally!

Susan

Ciana / Syneca said...

I'm one of those hit and miss folks. I can't summon it on demand. Things either come to me or they don't - normally when I'm not trying. Guess there's a glitch in my system :)

Sally Painter said...

Glad you enjoyed them, Susan.

Sally Painter said...

On demand doesn't work for me either, Ci!

Nicole Austin said...

A friend and I used to make a game of trying to share information through mental images from the other during conversations. One would be describing something and leave out a detail such as the color but be picturing the item in their mind. The goal was for the other to pick up on it. We got really good at it.

I'm going to save the test for when I'm off from work during the week so I have time and a quiet place to try them. :D

Sally Painter said...

That is such a cool thing to do, Nic! It also gets a bit freaky when after a while it comes without even trying. (g) Enjoy the games/tests.