Sunday, January 20, 2008

Man up? You better believe it baby


Today I'm going to detour a bit from the normal to bring you the story of a "man in the making." This story is about a 12-year-old boy in Houston, Texas, who faced having to "man-up" in a big way.

And the wisdom and strength this kid discovered is quite remarkable. Regardless of your beliefs and religious affiliations, I think everyone can appreciate the strength and courage this kid found to do what had to be done, despite the fact that it broke his little heart in the doing. That's what I call a true man in the making ... someone who can take on the hard tasks and not lose his heart in the process.

So today, my hat's off to 12-year-old Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy, from Houston, Texas. Logan, my heart's with you, honey. I know you'll be fine, but you have my admiration. What a fine man-in-the-making you are.



(This came from Houston radio station KSBJ FM 89.3 who found this phone call so profound, they put it on their web site.)

This is Ciana, for the Hussies, saying have a great Sunday. Our hearts go out to anyone feeling the pain of loss or grief and we salute the bravery and courage of those who face hard times and find strength to carry on. You are the unsung heroes in the tale of humanity.

3 comments:

Sahara Kelly said...

There is nothing I can add that you've not already said, Ciana. Thanks for posting this. It touched me deeply.

Sandra Cox said...

Ciana and Sally you've been me, me'd. Details on my blog: sandracox.blogspot.com

Nicole Austin said...

Dang it, Ci! Making me cry. That young man seems to have a very old soul.